Some polling locations moving before election
On Monday, the Washington Parish Council approved a resolution changing a number of the polling places for the Nov. 3, 2020, and Dec. 5, 2020, elections.
The changes are a result of the Secretary of State’s Emergency Election Plan, the public health proclamations of the State of Louisiana, and is at the request of the Washington Parish Clerk of Court. The changes provide for social distancing and other safety guidelines for the health and safety of polling commissioners and voters.
The wards and precincts affected are as follows:
- Ward 3, Precincts 2, 3A and 3B — moving from Courthouse Annex, 104 Bene St. in Franklinton, to Franklinton Jr. High School, 617 Main St. in Franklinton.
- Ward 4, Precinct 4 — moving from Superior Avenue School, 625 Superior Ave. in Bogalusa, to Bogalusa High School girls gym, 100 M.J. Israel Drive in Bogalusa.
- Ward 4, Precincts 5, 5B and 6 — moving from Senior Citizens Center, 603 Willis Ave. in Bogalusa, to Bogalusa High School boys gym, 100 M.J. Israel Drive in Bogalusa.
- Ward 4, Precincts 10, 10A and 11 — moving from Rio Fire Station, 12022 Highway 1075 in Bogalusa, to Palestine Baptist Church Hall, 59369 Palestine Church Road in Bogalusa.
- Ward 6, Precinct 4 — moving from Plainview Voting Building, 55241 Highway 60 in Bogalusa, to Plainview Baptist Church Hall, 55179 Highway 60 in Bogalusa.
- Ward 8, Precinct 2 — moving from District 3 Fire Station, 28128 Winfred Bateman Road in Franklinton, to New Jerusalem Baptist Church Hall, 44030 Max Brumfield Road in Franklinton.
A Bogalusa man with several outstanding warrants was taken into custody earlier this week after a traffic stop, according to... read more